If you’re looking for a way to enhance your smile, dental bonding may be a perfect solution. Dental bonding is a cosmetic procedure that uses resin to improve the appearance of your teeth quickly and affordably. It can be used to fill in gaps, repair chips or cracks, change tooth shape or color and even fix small misalignments in the teeth. But one question many people have about dental bonding is how long it will last before needing additional treatment. Thankfully this blog post covers all you need to know about the longevity of dental bonding so that you can make an informed decision.
When is dental bonding a good choice?
If you’re looking for a way to boost the appearance of your smile, dental bonding is an ideal option. This procedure uses composite resin material in shades that match your natural teeth, allowing it to:
- Conceal chips or cracks in your teeth.
- Mask unsightly teeth discoloration.
- Close any gaps or spaces between your teeth.
- Make your teeth look longer.
- Change the shape of your teeth.
Dental bonding and restorative dentistry both utilize the same composite resin material for their treatments, allowing them to:
- Fill cavities.
- Replace old silver dental fillings with a more cosmetically-appealing alternative.
- Shield your teeth roots from further damage and discomfort by guarding them against gum recession.
What are the advantages of dental bonding?
Cosmetic dental bonding stands out from other cosmetic treatments, as it offers a variety of advantages:
- Minimally invasive. Porcelain veneers and dental crowns often necessitate the alteration of healthy tooth structure, however, with dental bonding no enamel need to be removed.
- Cost-effective. Dental bonding is a budget-friendly, yet an incredibly effective cosmetic dental option for achieving the perfect smile.
- Versatile. Dental bonding is an effective way to conceal various aesthetic blemishes, such as chips, cracks, gaps and discoloration. With this fast and affordable procedure, you can immediately restore a beautiful smile.
- Fast and convenient. Because dental bonding does not require preparation or anesthesia, the treatment is often completed in a single visit.
How long does dental bonding last?
On average, dental bonding lasts anywhere from 3-10 years. It’s important to note that this varies depending on the area of your mouth being treated, as well as lifestyle choices such as tobacco use, dietary habits and hygiene habits. Generally, bonding on the front teeth lasts longer than it does for back teeth due to their more prominent location in your mouth.
Taking proper care of dental bonding is essential for ensuring that it will last as long as possible:
- Brush twice a day with a soft-bristled brush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss every day.
- Avoid using your teeth as tools for opening packages or biting your nails.
- Visit your dentist regularly for checkups, cleanings and maintenance.
- Choose a balanced diet that is low in sugar and processed foods.
- Avoid bad habits such as smoking or consuming alcohol.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your dental bonding lasts for years to come! If you have any questions about the longevity of dental bonding, don’t hesitate to ask your dentist. With proper care and maintenance, your smile can stay beautiful and bright for many years to come.
Triangle Dentistry, located in Raleigh, NC, provides a state-of-the-art facility that offers exceptional general dental and specialty services guided by empathy of a patient’s needs and desires. Services range from dental crowns to veneers and whitening procedures. For further information, questions, or to schedule an appointment, contact the office at (919) 847-6000